Sunday, June 8, 2008

Been awhile...

It's been a busy time and it's getting hotter'n hell.

Got a Nokia N800 internet tablet computer about 3 weeks ago. I'll try to be posting a bit more often, now that I can post from anywhere. (or at least I can write anywhere and upload wherever there is a wifi connection.)

I've gotta say, I love this thing. It's just slightly bigger than a deck of cards, has a 400mhz processor, 128 mg of ram, and will handle two 8mg sd cards. The screen is nice and bright. I'm going to try encoding video for it soon. It supports many A/V formats, so I'll have do some experimenting. Not really looking to use it for music - that's what the iPod is for.

On to other news...

A friend of mine's computer got hosed by a possible virus the other day. She asked me if I could do anything with it. I've decided to load Ubuntu on it. She's not a tech oriented person by any means, and this will come preloaded with all she needs. (Openoffice, Firefox, and Thunderbird.) I'm downloading the Ubuntu cd image right now. Should be an interesting project.

No comments: