Wednesday, March 4, 2009

For those of you just tuning in…

Hurricane Ike ruined our place and we moved to a little complex where I lived about 15 years ago. I haven't had an ISP since then, and have been either using free hotspots, or um… borrowing bandwidth where I could. I'm not even sure if this place is wired for cable, and even if it was, fuck Comcast.

Like I said in the previous post, I'm using Cricket now. I like the speed, even if the bandwidth throughput is low, and I like the fact I can take it with me. Hell, once you have a couple hundred each boots from Dylan, Floyd, Beatles, Dead, etc – Do you need anymore?

In between, there's been gearing up for inventory at work, and then catching up from inventory. It's been busy. I'm not driving the big truck anymore, which is great, especially with summer coming up. I do miss driving to Corpus about once a month, but other than that, I prefer this situation.

Right now, I'm on vacation. Just been hanging around this past week, enjoying not having to get up early and head out the door. Next week, I'm going up the country to see my Mom and siblings. I'm sure by the time it's over, I'll be ready to get back to work.

In the meantime I've got the Definitive Edition (pre-remaster) Laserdisc box of the Star Wars Trilogy and the DVDs of all the Planet Of The Apes movies. It's gonna be a good day.

No comments: